PATTERN is offering UNPAID internships for college students and recent grads for Journalism & Creative writing (with a focus on Fashion, Music and Arts), Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Event Planning, Non-profit management/Philanthropy/Fundraising, Digital & Social Media Marketing, & Wardrobe Styling.
Read about the experiences of past interns HERE!
Upcoming internship dates: Fall 2022 (12 weeks September 6 – December 1) & Spring 2023 (14 weeks January 12 – April 20)
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2022 session. Applications for Summer 2022 are closed.
Requirements: (ie. non-negotiable aspects of your participation!)
- Work onsite at the PATTERN HQ (1060 N. Senate Ave, Suite E-350 Downtown Indianapolis), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-5:30p. If you have schedule conflicts with the above days/hours, please apply when you are able to resolve those. We are unable to work around your schedule.
- Have own reliable car, laptop and smart phone (A digital SLR + at least one professional (non-kit) lens if applying for photography/videography internship. We provide everything else.)
- 20 hours a week (16 hours onsite; 4 hours remotely or special events)
- You HAVE to be there the first day of the internship which is a full-day orientation
- Ability to attend/participate in 3-4 events during the course of the internship happening on weekends and/or in the evenings
- This is an UNPAID internship. You will be working very hard and not getting paid. The tradeoff is that you’ll receive priceless real-world experience, and your portfolio will be significantly stronger than your peers.
- Priority is given to college students who are rising Juniors and older.
- We do accept individuals who are not in college, on a case-by-case basis. Please explain your situation in the cover letter.
At the moment we do not have any internships for high school students.
Please fill out the form below to be considered for an intern position, and include links to your photo, video or design portfolio, or writing samples. Your application will be automatically rejected if you forget to include links to your portfolio. If you’re not familiar with writing a cover letter, this series of articles will get you moving in the right direction.